Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Final Post, what's everyone talking about!?

Seems so weird that the semester is coming to an end, time flies when you're doing research I guess! Didn't think that I'd ever make it to the end of the semester (and I'm sure some will agree!), but here we are we all made it and all made it a lot more proficent in blogging than we were when we first entered the classroom.

I took a look at a few classmate's blogs and what they've talked about the past few weeks in regards to surveys and experiements and one that caught my eye was Lisa's blog. I'd been keepig up with her blog because I enjoyed her witty titles and interesting posts all semester long. She presented quite a funny experiment that she talked about, dealing with the one and only Lindsay Lohan (talk about crisis managament!) An experiement dealing with Lohan's prision experience seems kind of silly, but there's always somethig to do research on. Lisa's thoughts about splitting people up for experiements into groups really made me think; how can you be sure it is randomized? Her example relating experiements to students was interesting, when relating it to adderall. It'd be interesting to see the differences in the experiemental group and control group, of really any experiement.

The second blog I looked at was Tom's blog, which was on a completely different topic than Lisa's but still something I've been following for the remainder of the semester. Tom's blog deals primarily with sports, and the post on experiements dealt more with sports medicine which really caught my eye. He went on to talk about how the NFL is trying to find ways to prevent serious injuries such as spinal injuries from happenign as often as they do. "Over 20 current and former NFL players have agreed to donate their brian and spinal cord tissue to science upon death so that researchers can study the effects of repeated head trauma on the nervous system," Tom explains. Doing experiments and tests like this on athletes to see how these injuries can be prevented is something that the industry truly needs. Relating this back to my main topic, crisis management, this is a wonderful tool sports PR could use. If their teams are doing experiments and research like this it is great PR to fix any crisis or injury they may face.

Once again, I can't believe it's the end of a semeter. Thanks to anyone who read this blog, I think all my classmates did an absolutely wonderful job in all of their blogs and we all gained valuable information about research in the PR world today. I hope everyone has a safe and fun break and has a very Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment